What to bring for your whitewater rafting trip on the Ocoee River with Raft One?
Well, yourself for starters!
While everyone is different when it comes to their needs, you will be safe bringing:
- A towel – Plan to get wet! You’ll be thankful for your towel at the trip’s end.
- Sunscreen – Enjoy your rafting excursion without worrying about a burn.
- Water shoes – Keenes, Chacos, etc. and old tennis or running shoes are all great options. Please don’t wear flip flops or Crocs, as you will most likely lose them on the river.
- A swimsuit – Once again, you’ll get wet!
- T-shirt – Stay comfortable on the river and protect your skin from the sun. A T-shirt’s always good to have on hand when rafting.
- Change of clothes – You’ll probably want to change into dry clothes after rafting. Keep in mind that the bathrooms at our new outpost feature showers, so you will be able to clean up entirely if you wish after your trip down the river.
- A plastic bag for wet items – Keep your car or bus dry!
- A snack and / or drink for after the trip – Please don’t consume booze before any of Raft One’s adventures. Feel free to bring drinks for afterwards though! Food is also great to pack, but don’t worry if you forget yours – we offer a variety of snacks for sale at our outpost.
- A smile! – You’re about to have an awesome day.
What you don’t need to bring: Raft gear. Raft One provides life jackets, paddles and helmets for all our rafting visitors. We can also provide spray pants and a spray jacket for cool days (for free), or wetsuits (also free) on especially cold days.
If you are staying in our bunkhouse, pack pillows, sleeping bags and towels. (We provide mattresses.)
If you are planning to camp at Raft One, bring firewood (which can also be purchased locally) and matches, tents or tarps and ground cloths, sleeping bags, grills, water containers, garbage bags, flashlights and folding chairs.
Any additional questions? Contact us. We look forward to taking you on the rafting adventure of a lifetime!